Launched theoffhandband.com, using WordPress publishing platform and customized programming with PHP, HTML and plugins.
- Relaunched marksmeritt.com with an innovative WordPress/database-driven interactive resume and biography.
- Detailed the relaunch process in My Life in Tags: Creating an Interactive Resume and Biographical Website.
Launched marksmeritt.com, using WordPress publishing platform and customized programming with PHP, HTML and plugins.
Business consulting specializing in Microsoft Excel, creation of databases and other information management tools, project management, data analysis, forecasting, quality control, research, and both technical and academic writing.
- Invited presentation describing Doctors Without Borders USA’s efforts at fundraising via the internet.
- 1999 MSF International Fundraisers Conference, Médecins Sans Frontières Paris offices, Paris, France, June 24-25, 1999.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), New York, NY
- Created numerous inventive and dynamic tools in MS Excel, MS Access and propriety systems to support the Development department in planning, implementing, analyzing and growing its fundraising program.
- Managed departmental budgeting. Innovated effective methods for forecasting fundraising performance up to $138 million and expenses up to $15 million across diverse efforts and multiple budget iterations.
- Managed acquisition and renewal efforts in mail, telemarketing, web, toll-free number and other media, including acquisitions up to 17 million contacts annually and renewals up to 9 million contacts annually.
- Led implementation of and collaborated on strategy for creative treatment testing, population segmentation, data quality control, production coordination, acquisition list selection, merge-purge processing and all other campaign management activities.
- Achieved strong performance in all marketing efforts, including an average profit of about 65% for acquisition mail, growing the database from 178,000 to over 1 million donors.
- Assisted in maintenance of www.doctorswithoutborders.org Web site.
- Produced in-depth, insightful narrative and numerical analyses with actionable results that repeatedly improved performance as well as efficiencies in cost and operations.
- Oversaw a massive transition to Target Software’s industry-leading Team Approach database, including development of comprehensive new coding systems and detailed mapping of thousands of legacy codes to integrate historical results for analysis on the new platform.
- Supervised several staff members and volunteers in Marketing and Donor Services.