Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), New York, NY
- Created numerous inventive and dynamic tools in MS Excel, MS Access and propriety systems to support the Development department in planning, implementing, analyzing and growing its fundraising program.
- Managed departmental budgeting. Innovated effective methods for forecasting fundraising performance up to $138 million and expenses up to $15 million across diverse efforts and multiple budget iterations.
- Managed acquisition and renewal efforts in mail, telemarketing, web, toll-free number and other media, including acquisitions up to 17 million contacts annually and renewals up to 9 million contacts annually.
- Led implementation of and collaborated on strategy for creative treatment testing, population segmentation, data quality control, production coordination, acquisition list selection, merge-purge processing and all other campaign management activities.
- Achieved strong performance in all marketing efforts, including an average profit of about 65% for acquisition mail, growing the database from 178,000 to over 1 million donors.
- Assisted in maintenance of www.doctorswithoutborders.org Web site.
- Produced in-depth, insightful narrative and numerical analyses with actionable results that repeatedly improved performance as well as efficiencies in cost and operations.
- Oversaw a massive transition to Target Software’s industry-leading Team Approach database, including development of comprehensive new coding systems and detailed mapping of thousands of legacy codes to integrate historical results for analysis on the new platform.
- Supervised several staff members and volunteers in Marketing and Donor Services.